Here is the line up for week five:
Boomer – Jansen
November 22, 2017 8:30 pm Sheet 5
5. Match Day
November 22, 2017, 8:30 pm
- Boomer and Stanek will be a close one, even records and similar schedules so far make this one tight, but I’m picking Stanek for the win.
- Wangensteen looks for their first win as they take on Arndt this week. I hate to see anyone go winless, but based on Arndt’s victory over Boomer in week 2, I’m going to pick Arndt.
- One of the three teams yet to lose this season, Lawrence should expect another win this week against Rohde.
- Lichty takes on Anderson in a battle that will be closer than the standings would show. Lichty’s surge-from-behind win two weeks ago against McGovern shows that they can contend with higher ranked teams, but Anderson has won two in a row and is my pick for the win this week.
- Dveris v Lockwood is dead even. I’m going with Dveris due to their defeat of Stanek in week two.
- Erickson and McGovern match up on the center sheet this week in a game that could go rock for rock. Similar records don’t tell the whole story here. Erickson has had a tough start playing (and losing to) three top rated teams while McGovern has yet to play any teams in the top half of the standings. Since I play for McGovern, I’m picking them, but this victory will have to be earned.
- Kruse and Sonnabend won’t be easy, but Sonnabend is on a roll.
- Dubois squares off against Beranek this week and calling this one is tough. Both have wins off lower ranked rinks so this match could be the tipping point for either’s season. I’m picking Dubois because they have had a little more practice this season.
If all goes well, the results will be posted Thursday morning, so check back so see how the league progressed this week.
As always, good curling.