Another season will be in the record books this week but not before the final games are played. There is some opportunity for movement I the rankings so don’t phone this one in.
- McLellan – McGovern: The McGovern skip has dropped off the radar so there could be some shake-up in their ranks. McLellan plans on filling a bathtub with Canadian Mist for a very special end-of-the-season Mist opportunity celebration.
- McLaughlin – Lichty: Like Virginia Slims, Lichty has come a long way (baby), being back in the top half of the rankings has given them the confidence boost they’ve been looking for. However, this could be the night McLaughlin lights it up. Pass the Fireball.
- Rohde – Long: Another win would help Rohde solidify their place among the top teams in the league. This week though, I see a huge disturbance in the standings. Long will kill the proverbial power and throw lights out and cruise to a huge win. #upsetoftheseason
- Hammes – Anderson: The Beatles were bigger than Jesus and Anderson can’t curl anymore. Too bad the Broomski isn’t ready yet.
- Boomer – Dubois: They say you have to hit rock bottom before you can claw your way back up. Boomer seems ready to pull that 180 on their season. Dubois keeps things pretty even with little definition between the highs and the lows. Complacency turns trophies into treadmills.
- Allendorph – Lickteig: Quite possibly the battle of the season. Both rinks show only two losses each, but Allendorph has some missing data. Let’s assume this is a winner take all event. My money is on Lickteig.
- Haga – Moll: Spring fever has hit Moll hard and keeping focused on the ice could be a problem. If Haga keeps up the NHL jersey theme, they may be able to tip the balance of power towards their favor. Just watch the high-sticking.
- Jansen – Wainberg: Jansen’s once promising season has spiraled into a hot mess type situation. Wainberg on the other hand has been riding a keen wave of confidence and high self-esteem. This is my last chance to get a Jansen pick right. Obey dammit.
Great season, fun times everyone. Good luck to those entering the playdowns and if anyone plays a makeup game, send me the results so we can preserve them in the archives.
I hope you see most of you at the Hobber Dobber but if not, have a great summer. Maybe I’ll run into you at a party.