Chili night is official. Wednesday, February 17. Plan accordingly and read the other post about it.
- Haga – Boomer: Expect a close match here with GPEs approaching 1.8 or above. We’d like to see both of these teams get a few more wins before the end of the season, but like Highlander, there can be only one.
- McLellan – McLaughlin: Stop at McDonalds and have a McChicken and a McFlurry pregame then crack open a bottle of Jamison and throw away the cap, this will be a clan battle for the ages.
- Dveris – Rohde: Dveris continues to search for the ever elusive victories this season while Rohde continues their search for league domination. All signs point to Rohde.
- Dubois – McGovern: Kick back and pop on some yacht rock. This smooth match will hypnotize you with an ebb and flow like that of a summer’s eve on Catalina. When the merlot runs out it will be McGovern cleaning the deck and Dubois heading upstairs.
- Lawrence – Lickteig: Make sure your Medicaid paperwork is in order before getting anywhere near sheet 5. Help yourself to some Doan’s back pills and update your life insurance policy while you’re at it, anything could happen out there. I’m picking age before beauty on this one.
- Allendorph – Wainberg: Wainberg would be wise to see past the flashy brooms and matching jackets of Allendorph, inside they are just a curling team with a dream that could easily be smashed by some properly placed guards and well executed directional sweeping. Go get ‘em boys.
- Jansen – Hammes: Look out for hard feelings and heavy grudges this week as the former learner attempts to show the former teacher that possible mastery has been achieved by the former learner. Will the former master take the bait?
- Lichty – Anderson: Bright lights, cameras, drones, and paparazzi will be swarming sheet 8 like flies on a rib roast and it’s a good thing too, matches over there are historically difficult to watch from upstairs. The road has been bumpy for Anderson this year and Lichty has been curling with a perpetual tailwind.
Careful where you park this week. Those towing companies have no soul.