After the lost season of 2017, the blog is back to track all the highs and lows of the Wednesday night SPCC Metro League.
- Byes this week are Dubois and Perpich – a win is predicted for both.
- Eisfelder v Lichty: Sheet 1 – Lichty will come out of the gate hot and heavy this week which could throw the always-amicable Eisfelder for a loop. Frustrations will mount on sheet 1 as the walkway will take its toll on both rinks.
- Hammes v Lickteig: Sheet 2 – Talk about a week one super bowl! Two Wednesday night powerhouses will face off in an explosive matchup. New concussion rules might mean we see less contact then normal but based on the scouting reports, it looks like Hammes will continue with the brutality and deal with the fines and suspensions later.
- McLaughlin v Jansen: Sheet 3 – Mystery shrouds the outcome on this one. Jansen only lists three on their roster leading some to conjecture that they have an October surprise in store for the league. McLaughlin is expected to bring in some dry toast and a whole chicken.
- Anderson v Tolzmann: Sheet 4 – Sources say that Tolzmann is the reincarnation of Long, good to see them still in the league. Hopefully they’ll bring their usual gallery with them to create the carnival atmosphere we have all come to enjoy. This is bad news for Anderson who has never performed well in front of a mob. A little pregame glue sniffing should ease the jitters.
- Allendorph v Sauro: Sheet 5 – Center ice features a new(?) group this year. Sauro can use this to their advantage by playing the dark horse role. Allendorph would be wise to bring a gift of fruity soaps or hummels as a gesture of goodwill.
- Trygstad v McGovern: Sheet 6 – Back from a whirlwind global curling tour (of YouTube clips), McGovern feel ready for anything, which is good because Trygstad will probably want to curl this week. Look for fast paced action and excitement on all levels. ALL LEVELS!
- Boomer v Haga: Sheet 7 – Broken dreams litter the ice on sheet 7 as both teams struggle to reclaim their glory days of moderate success in the league. Every championship season begins with the first game, and this is theirs. Get out there and curl.
- Rohde v Wainberg: Sheet 8 – Maybe you heard the news over the summer: gravity waves have been detected and all the physics community is going nuts. In an unlikely twist, a local source has been discovered right here on sheet 8. Good luck with that.